Re: CURL and process not finishing

It is on a shared server, max_exec_time is 3000, ie 30 seconds, which yes is
probably being exceeded.  However, having set the CURL_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT
thingy it worked a lot better, and the page kept working long after 30
seconds had expired, leaving me with the question: what does
max_execution_time relate to? is it more like a maximum time without activity.

I still get processes not finishing and accumulating on the server for several hours, and wonder is it that if the script is terminated by some other function like max_exec_time that the curl_close() does not get called in the script and the process remains. Do I need to run another script on a different cronjob to terminate such processes?

John