Re: Apache 2.2 + PHP5.2 + php_oci8.dll

Hi James,

From distant memory on 9i, all the software was in the one bundle.  When
you run the installer you can choose either client or server installs.
There was no Instant Client with 9i.  It was a new feature with 10g.

Try using Zend Core for Oracle - it's the simplest way to install.
You don't need to download a separate Oracle client to use it.

Chris

james tanhs wrote:
Hi Chris,
I read the write out and found that oracle 10g client only support 9i and
above. So I assumed that it will not work with mine  server runing on
oracle8i (8.1.5) with 8 compatible set.  Hence, I didn't try to install the
10g client for any testing.  I will get it download later to have a try.

Yup, I have visited
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.htmland
"Previous database releases".  I am able to see the 10g client and 9i
server is there but not the 9i client for linux ( I just wonder why).
Thanks.