RE: Where am I doing wrong - DB

Assuming $submit even has a value (Are you sure you don't mean
$_POST['something'] here?) all your code does is test 2 variables, connect
to the server, change to a database and set some more few variables.  When
do you plan to execute a query "mysql_query($sql)", or output a print or
echo of some text or HTML?

"or die" doesn't output anything because $submit is probably false.

Your page should be blank and nothing should go to the database with this
code.

Regards,
Dwight
x2407