Re: simple issue

You should be aware the the PHP-DB archives are openly available on the web and searchable. Assuming you have listed your actual username, password, etc, you should immediately go to your web site and change your password. If possible change also your username and database name. Do it now.

It would not be an overly demanding task for a hacker to find your web site and once she does, she has free access to your database.

And in future, when sharing code on PHP-DB, which is a must if you want the expert help people here can provide, always leave out or change the MySQL log in info.

Good luck,

Jeffrey

Chris Carter wrote:
my code:

<?
$username="chris";
$password="carter";
$database="chris_phpb1";

mysql_connect(localhost,$username,$password);
@mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database");
$query="SELECT * FROM phpbb_banlist";
$result=mysql_query($query);

if (!$result)
  {exit("Error in SQL");}
echo "<table><tr>";
echo "<th>Companyname</th>";
while (odbc_fetch_row($result))
{
  $compname=odbc_result($result,"CompanyName");
  $conname=odbc_result($result,"ContactName");
}
odbc_close($conn);
echo "</table>";
?>

My error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: odbc_fetch_row() in
/home/chandan/public_html/deb.php on line 19
Companyname	Contactname

Also .. I am trying this live on cPanel compiler coz I could not install the
PHP thing on my localhost. I have apache-tomcat-5.5.17 which works perfectly
with jsp files but I do not understand what does it take to run a php using
apache.

chris smith-9 wrote:

Chris Carter wrote:

Hi,

I am new to PHP, just trying a peace of code to access mySQL database to
fetch and show result on web page. But getting errors. Can you help me
with
this code please. Or if you have a very basic code where in I can do some
insertion in the database.

There are hundreds of mysql + php tutorials on the 'net - do a search in your preferred search engine.

If you *still* can't work it out post a sample of the code you're trying to use and the errors you get.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/