From: Dan Shirah [mailto:mrsquash2@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 November 2006 15:13
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Special Character

To turn off the auto formatting of hyphens:

In Microsoft Word 2003:

Open a new document.
Go to Tools>Auto Correct Options>
Select the "Auto Format As You Type" tab Deselect the "Hyphens (--) with
Dash (-)" option.

Even though it says it will replace a double hyphen (--) with a Dash
(This is an em dash) it also does the same thing for a single hyphen
depending on the sentance structure.

Hope this helps!

Dan