Re: Special Character

Hi David

What you describe sounds like Word is auto replacing hyphens with either
en- or em-dashes.  This is a configurable option in Word that often
defaults to on.  Try using double quotes, If they get switched to 66's
and 99's style quotes, then that is likely the problem.  I no longer use
MS Office for these and other reasons, so cannot tell you how to switch
off this formatting.  But it can be switched off, somewhere within it.

The only other option I can think of would be to change your Db
character set to one that can accept these extended characters. That
might also mean changing some of Window's/Word's behaviour (to be using
UTF-8 for example).

Niel