Re: small question php/postgreSQL

Desmond Coughlan wrote:
Hi, I've been trying to get a small DB up and working with PhP. It's a library, and so far, I can't get past the stage of displaying a page. I try the 'hello world' example, and it displays. I then populate a DB and can access it via psql .. cdi=> SELECT * FROM stock ;
-[ RECORD 1 ]-+-------------------------------
stock_ids     | 1
isbn_no       | 10101010
code_livre    | 23455
titre         | toto goes to Hollywood
editeur       | editions toto
collection    | collection toto
auteur_nom    | smith
auteur_prenom | john
matiere       | ang
media_type    | li
-[ RECORD 2 ]-+-------------------------------
stock_ids     | 2
isbn_no       | 10536278
code_livre    | 24874
titre         | toto comes back from Hollywood
editeur       | editions baba
collection    | collection toto
auteur_nom    | martin
auteur_prenom | peter
matiere       | fre
media_type    | dvd

OK, I then write the following script .... <?php
  pg_connect ("dbname=cdi user=cdi password=toto") or die ("Couldn't Connect: ".pg
_last_error());

If that doesn't work - then you don't have the php-postgres library installed.

Check your phpinfo page for "postgresql" - if it's not there, then that's your problem.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/