RE : RE: [PHP-DB] RE : RE: [PHP-DB] re: small question php/postgreSQL (basic question, not small)

  Yep.  The famous phpinfo file works like a charm.

D.

Bastien Koert <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
  is your server set to work with php files?

Bastien

>From: Desmond Coughlan
>To: Bastien Koert , jusa_98@xxxxxxxxx,
>php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject:  RE : RE: [PHP-DB] re: small question php/postgreSQL
>(basic question, not small)
>Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:38:24 +0100 (CET)

> That doesn't work, either. Still the blank page. Hmm ... the file is
>in the right place../usr/local/www/data ... 'cos all of the other files
>(*.html one an d all) are served from there, and they're available to the
>outside world.
>
> D.
>
>Bastien Koert a écrit :
> The code does need to know what the fields are...I think a more likely
>issue
>is the query for some reason, also change the $query to result in the query
>statement
>
>try
>
>$result=pg_query($query) or die(pg_error()); //to see if there are any
>errors with the query
>
>while($row=pg_fetch_array($result,NULL,PGSQL_ASSOC)) {
>echo "Title: ".$row['isbn_no']."
>";
>echo "blah ".$row['code_livre']."
>";
>}else{
>echo "No rows found";
>}
>

>bastien
>

> >From: JeRRy
> >To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject:  re: small question php/postgreSQL (basic question, not
> >small)
> >Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:18:58 +1100 (EST)
> >
> > Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:38:18 +0100 (CET) From: "Desmond
> >Coughlan" To: "php"
>
> > Subject: small question php/postgreSQL
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been trying to get a small DB up and working with PhP. It's a
> >library, and so far, I can't get past the stage of displaying a page. I
> >try the 'hello world' example, and it displays. I then populate a DB
> >and can access it via psql ..
> >
> > cdi=> SELECT * FROM stock ;
> >-[ RECORD 1 ]-+-------------------------------
> >stock_ids | 1
> >isbn_no | 10101010
> >code_livre | 23455
> >titre | toto goes to Hollywood
> >editeur | editions toto
> >collection | collection toto
> >auteur_nom | smith
> >auteur_prenom | john
> >matiere | ang
> >media_type | li
> >-[ RECORD 2 ]-+-------------------------------
> >stock_ids | 2
> >isbn_no | 10536278
> >code_livre | 24874
> >titre | toto comes back from Hollywood
> >editeur | editions baba
> >collection | collection toto
> >auteur_nom | martin
> >auteur_prenom | peter
> >matiere | fre
> >media_type | dvd
> >
> > OK, I then write the following script ....
> >
> > > pg_connect ("dbname=cdi user=cdi password=toto") or die ("Couldn't
> [...]

Not only does Windows Live? OneCare? provide all-in-one PC care to keep your
computer protected and well-maintained, but it also makes creating backup
files a breeze. Try it today!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionid=b2456790-90e6-4d28-9219-5d7207d94d45&mkt=en-ca

--
Des Coughlan
  coughlandesmond@xxxxxxxx

  "Un client de plus, c'est un relou de plus..."

 Marre d'une boite pleine de spams ? Adoptez le tout nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son son filtre anti-spams perfectionnés.