Re: Problem with executing Oracle query for creating procedure

"Christopher Jones" <christopher.jones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Rosen wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i have problem with PHP and Oracle database.
>> I read with PHP script an sql files like this:
>>

>> create or replace procedure test_proc1(p1 IN number, p3 OUT number)
>>
>> as
>> begin
>> p3 := p1 + 10;
>>
>> end;
>>

>> And when I execute it I receive an error:
>> "Warning: ociexecute(): OCIStmtExecute: OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO: ORA-24344:
>> success with compilation error in..."
>> And the procedue doesn't put in the database.
>>

>> When I edit the .sql file - all to be on 1 row - like this:
>> "create or replace procedure test_proc1(p1 IN number, p2 OUT number) as
>> begin p2 := p1 + 10; end;"
>>
>> Then I have no problems.
>>
>> Can someone help me with this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Rosen
>>

> Normally I'd use a tool such as SQL Developer or SQL*Plus to
> pre-create database resident things like tables and PL/SQL procedures.

Yes, but this is update system, i.e. - it will need to execute scripts from
.sql files to many servers.
The procesures/functions must be "wrapped" with wrap.exe before executing.
This is very important.

> However, back to your problem: use UNIX style end of line characters.
> Or build up the statement using PHP string concatenation.

How can I do this? Can you give me some example.
Thanks in advance,
Rosen