Re: Can't Connect to MySQL local Server

Some further information/questions on this problem.

I wrote a small program just to see if I could connect to the mysql
socket, and I could.
Looking at seliunx policy, I note an item called "Allow HTTPD scripts
to and modules to connect to the network."
That item is unchecked. Should it be checked in order for the php
script to connect using a socket?

ROGER DEBRY wrote:
> Janet and Miles, Thank you for your suggestions.
>
> Here is more information for you.
> I am running:
>     Fedora core 5 Linux
>     php 5.14
>     apache 2.2.2
>     mysql 5.0.22
>
> I have added the mysql_error code to my script as you suggested.
> I already knew the what the error was by looking in the error logs.
> It is, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)"

That means 'permission denied'.

Are you sure mysql is running on "localhost" ?

FC5 has "selinux" doesn't it - make sure permissions are set up
properly
for that too.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials