Re: mysql_error function

Hi

> OK, so mysql_error is not usable for me in this case.
> Is in PHP any other way how to get error-message from connect function?
> Isn't in PHP any other function, that can be used similiar?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no work around for this situation.
Even the 'Improved' MySQL Extension suffers this same limitation, so no
improvement there.

You can of course still determine failure, but not directly the cause.
The only ways I can think of to begin identifying the error would be to
look up supplied username/password with the MySQL permissions db to
verify their authenticity, or to close the first connection and retry
the second after so it is the only connection.

Niel