Re: FW: How to install PHP-DEV package for PDO_OCI

Choy, Wai Yew wrote:
Hi Chris,

Apologies if I ask silly question...

But how do I install php-devel using pear? Yes, my php is install in /usr/local/php ...

Note: My network have a proxy server...Should I export the "http_proxy" enviroment before I use pear?

You don't need to install php-devel.

You need to tell pear where php is installed so it can then find the phpize file.

/usr/local/php is NOT a standard path so pear doesn't know to look there.

How do you do that? I have no idea and a quick search of the pear.php.net site didn't reveal too much (if you spend time there you might find it).

Ask on a pear list: http://pear.php.net/support/lists.php

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/