Re: Database project

Hello,

on 08/23/2006 01:42 PM Karl James said the following:
> Hey team,
>
> I need some help on creating my tables in the database
>
> For what I want to do on my website.
>

> I want to create a fantasy football league website and view
>
> Old stats from previous years that do not change.
>
> Also be able to add, drop, and trade players with team
>
> Control management. The players (NFL Players) can only
>
> Be on one team with certain roster limitations.
>

> I have started an outline on a word file, but I know I am
>
> Not able to send an attachment to the list.
>
> How can I do this? So you guys have see what I have done
>
> So for, I really need the help on this. I have a few questions.
>
> You guys would be my hero if I can get this started up so
>
> I can do all the data entry. I want to do all the work, just
>
> Need help with design of table structure.

You may want to take a look at Metastorage which is an higher level code
generator tool that does most of the heavy work for you. You just need
to describe your players, teams, leagues, etc.. in terms of entity
objects, add  the necessary property variables, define how those entity
objects are related, and then tell which functions you need to use to
manipulate those objects (create, read, update and delete).

Metastorage generates compact classes with ready to use code to
implement the features you need. It also generates a database schema
definition to store your objects and even a special class to install
that schema with a few lines of code.

Look here for more information on Metastorage:

Here is an example application. It is a simple news article publication
system. It is not really a football league manager application, but it
should help you get started with Metastorage:

http://www.meta-language.net/metanews.html

Just go here if you need help designing your application:

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/

http://www.phpclasses.org/