RE: Direct Access to an Array Item?

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Bastien Koert wrote:

use mysql_result

mysql_result ( $result, 0,  2 )

where 2 is the offset of the fields in the row

 In one line of code, I want to fetch the row into a variable, and test a
 variable within that row.

 I want to know how to do this both within a DB query and outside of.

 Your solution is valid, but not what I'm looking for.