Re: php_oci8.dll

Marcos R. Cardoso wrote:
I'm experiencing a disturbing problem with PHP 4.4.2, Win 2003 Server, Apache 2.0.58 and Oracle 9i.

I've installed all the previously listed in a Web Server (though I've installed only the Net Client from Oracle 9i), but somehow there's a problem with the library php_oci8.dll Whenever I start the Apache2 service the following messages are written in Apache's error.log file: PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\php\\extensions\\php_oci8.dll' - N\xe3o foi poss\xedvel encontrar o m\xf3dulo especificado.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

I've seen this when php_oci8.dll can't find the Oracle libraries.
A tool like listdlls will help show what's happening.

In case it helps, there are various installation hints for PHP 5
and OCI8 in http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/php/htdocs/php_troubleshooting_faq.html#notinst

If you're using a DB (version 8,9 or 10) on another machine
check the steps on using PHP with Oracle Instant Client, this
should be easier to work with the the full Oracle client.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.
Email: Christopher.Jones@xxxxxxxxxx   Tel: +61 3 8616 3622