From: bill <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  running program after insert w/MySQL 4.1
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:11:07 -0400

I have an Access database connecting via ODBC to a local MySQL machine and doing inserts. It does these inserts throughout the day.

After each insert, I need a PHP program run.

Alas, MySQL 4.1 doesn't do triggers, etc., and upgrading to 5.x looks non-trivial.

What else can I do? Is there any way to trigger something via the ODBC connection?

A cron job?

I'm open to suggestions.

kind regards,

bill