how to get the referrer page details

Hello all,

I am developing a site in which user comes from different site to my site.
Now i want to maintain that user comes from which site. I am using
$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] for that. Now i came to know that this variable is
not supported by some servers or it can be set off in php.ini setting. So
can any one help me doing this without using $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'].

Please help me.

Regards
Manoj

--