Cant connect to postgresql 7.4 on FreeBSD

Hi list,

yesterday i compile postgresql 7.4 in my FreeBSD 5.4 box.
I manage to run the server smoothly without any problem.
But then i try to connect with my php script with pg_connect function, and
it returns an error like this :

*cant make link. to many connection open*

i already install the pgsql.so extension and its already loaded to php
without any problem (i saw it with phpinfo()).

I also have enable tcp/ip connection in postgresql.conf

whats wrong with my postgresql??