PHP/Mysql search

Hello,

Please be patient and assist me....I am building a web application where a
search function is required. I have a number of drop down lists from which a
user has to select what they are searching for..they may choose to do a
multi-fields search or search only one.
Are there any resources you can point me to which implements something like
this?

Eustace