MySQL: Load Data Infile

Greets,

I'm trying to use the load data infile syntax within a php script. The data
is in csv format. I was under the impression that I could reorder the
fields during the insert, such as:
"load data infile 'currentData.txt' into table(fieldName2, fieldName1)
fields terminated by ','";  The stuff in the parentheses causes an error
but without the parens, it's inserts OK.
I'm sure I've done this in the past, but is was long ago.

Anybody have an insight into this?

David

(yes, it's more MySQL than PHP related, but I'm not currently subscribed to
that list...)