Re: Parse Problem

Andy Rolls-Drew escribió:

All,

I am fairly new to parsing XML using PHP and wonder if anyone has a solution
to the following. I have a file eg:-

<<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<STOREITEMS>

<CREATED value="Wed Mar 15 8:07:27 GMT 2006">

<CATEGORY id='67' name='Herbal Pharmacy'>

<PRODUCT ITEM='603'>

<NAME></NAME>

<MODEL></MODEL>

<PRICE></PRICE>

<PRODUCT ITEM='608'>

<NAME></NAME>

<MODEL></MODEL>

<PRICE></PRICE>

<CATEGORY id='69' name='Extras'>

<PRODUCT ITEM='1123'>

<NAME></NAME>

<MODEL></MODEL>

<PRICE></PRICE>

<PRODUCT ITEM='2034'>

<NAME></NAME>

<MODEL></MODEL>

<PRICE></PRICE>

And so on. I have managed to parse a little of it using Magic Parser but I
still cant manage to split the products and categories correctly. If there
weren't multiple products for each category I think I would have it.

Any help would be a start.

Thanks in advance

Andy

ARD Drive Consultants

Drive to Perfection

Rolls-Drew, Andrew
Director
ARD Drive Consultants Ltd
169 Nottingham Road
Melton Mowbray
Leicestershire
UK

<mailto:andyrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> andyrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: DarkoneARDDrive

tel: fax: mobile: Skype ID:

+44 7092 162782
+44 7092 162782
+447929418215
andyrd

<https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=30065438052&v0=1330159&k0=-1748648187> Add
me to your address book...

<http://www.plaxo.com/signature> Want a signature like this?

Hi,

That is only a piece of your XML data? or mayve did you wrote it by hand to send us the email?

If that's a piece of the real data you use, bad!! you wouldn't be able to use any XML parser as it isn't valid XML data. All tags must be closed before opening again the same tag name -unless it does belong to the previous tag (but I don't bet for this in your case)-. Your data should look similar to this: (notice the *missing* closure tags. ah! I added the dots for indentation purposes, it is not valid in XML!). Where did you got this XML file? or perhaps is it created by yourself?

<CATEGORY id='67' name='Herbal Pharmacy'>
..<PRODUCT ITEM='603'>
....<NAME></NAME>
....<MODEL></MODEL>
....<PRICE></PRICE>
..<PRODUCT ITEM='608'>
....<NAME></NAME>
....<MODEL></MODEL>
....<PRICE></PRICE>
..*</PRODUCT>* ->> *missing*!
*</CATEGORY>* ->> *missing*!
<CATEGORY id='69' name='Extras'>
..<PRODUCT ITEM='1123'>
....<NAME></NAME>
....<MODEL></MODEL>

Anyway, you could have a look to this thread on php-general, about an example I've sent some days ago, as simple XML parsing for dynamic structures. Give a look to the xml file structure, that is a correct XML file, and the parsing example: http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=php-general&a=2006-04&m=1973183

Regards,
Gonzalo Monzón.