From: Jeffrey [mailto:jeffreyb@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 20 April 2006 11:56 pm
To: PHP DB
Subject:  short text strings with apostrophes and forms

I have an application which calls up some data from a MySQL table and
puts it into a web form for users to modify.

One of the cells holds a text string which is put into a text input
field. However, if that text string includes an apostrophe, all text
after the apostrophe disappears.

For example, if the test string from a database cell reads...

Fix the managers' cars by Tuesday

and that is saved in the variable $some_text, which is called up in a
form...

<input type='text' name='some_variable' value='$some_text'>

The text field on the web page will only contain...

Fix the managers

How can I get the text field to show the entire string?

Many thanks,

Jeffrey