RE: Processing web forms

If your list of permissions is a fixed length set, you can simply create and array of those permissions

$perms = array('create','insert','update','delete');

The functions that have these permissions can be stored in a table and just retrieved thru a loop. To create your matrix structure of permissions and functions, you loop thru the permissions as you loop thru the fuctions data set

ex

while($rows=mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
 $func = $rows['function_name'];

 foreach($perms as $key =>$value)
 {
 }
 echo "</tr>";
}

the above code would create a table row with the function name, then a series of checkboxes with the value of the checkbox being the index element of the array and a name of perm_ and the function name and the name of the permission to be able to relate the permissions back to the function name

Does this help?

Bastien