Re: php crashes with msyql

Noah Silverman wrote:
Hello,

I have a mission critical problem that I cant seem to solve. Can anyone help??

I'll even offer $100 paypal if someone gives me the answer to solve this issue.

Thanks,

-N

------------------

The issue:
when I load a php file in a browser that references mysql, it crashes the apache thread.

The clues:
    if I call the same php from the command line, it works perfectly!
    If I call a php file that doesn't use mysql, it works perfectly!
The problem is only when calling a php file using mysql THROUGH A BROWSER.

The environment
    slackware with kernel 2.6.11.8
    php 5.1.2
    apache 2.2.0
    mysql 4.1.18 (pre-compiled downloaded from mysql.com)

So if you just do a

<?php
mysql_connect(...)
?>

it crashes?

Get it down to it's simplest form and work from there.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/