Re: Date question

Gerry Danen wrote:
While I am rebuilding my crashed laptop (the machine that had all my
intelligence), I started thinking about a select statement I need.

I have log info in a table and want to extract it on a monthly basis. The
date field is in yyyy-mm-dd format. What's a good way to select those dates
that match 2006-02, for example.

I apologize if the solution should be staring me in the face, but all my
favorites and help files are toast, until I can restore some of them.

Which database are you using?

Mysql has this: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/date-and-time-functions.html

Postgresql has:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/functions-datetime.html

I'm sure others have the same sort of functionality.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/