X Tiger 10.4.5 + phpBB2 + MySQL 5 + Can't Connect Issue!

Hi,

Im getting the following: Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket...etc.

NOTES:

1.) MySQL 5 is running fine.
2.) Im able to connect to it via Navicat.
3.) I run Lasso on the same host, I know that I can pull and post data to and from MySQL. So its NOT mysql. Its PHP.

I ran across a few postings from Apple and others that had SIMILAR problems, however those solutions are for MySQL 4 not MySQL 5. Seems to be bit of confusion about how to solve this problem. I tried what apple suggested...and that FAILED:

So now Im asking you good people, who actually BUILT the damn...ahem wrote the software. Im at whits end and I need to get this up and running.

All I did was update from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 and now PHP will not talk to MySQL at all. Ok...so what's the solution folks ? Anyone ? Buehler ? Buehler ????

Thanks ahead of time....

M i l e s.