Re: Where did my Hard Returns go?

You can't assign a value to a function! That's why attempt 1 didn't work.
Well, that and: The value returned by mysql_query is NOT a string, it's a
pointer to the values returned. You must fetch the string first to get the
column values out. This is why your third attempt was the only one that
actually had a chance of working.

However, nl2br doesn't insert any \n's, it inserts a <br> tag for every \n.
(actually <br />). I think that's what you meant, but it's helpful to be
specific.

If it's displaying 25 rows (12 + 13), then that's likely how many rows are
being returned by the database, you can check this by doing something like
this:

echo "<p>Number of rows returned by query: ".mysql_num_rows($result)."</p>";

before the table. If that displays 25, then your issue isn't your code, but
extra data in the table, which is what I suspect the problem is.

You also didn't close your while loop, but that's just a copy/paste error I
bet.

You can also create the table with border=1 and this will let you see actual
rows in the table, This loop will create 1 row for every row that's returned
fromthe database, hinting at your issue.

Hope that helps,
-Micah