From: Kinfe Tadesse [mailto:tadesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Lunes, 27 de Febrero de 2006 09:07 a.m.
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  PHP, MySQL and Apache

Hi all,

I intend to create a database to be accessed from a voice application. I
plan to use MySQL as a database engine and PHP as a scripting language to
generate dynamic VoiceXML documents. However, I have two questions I could
not get answers to:
 1. Do I need to install Apache to work with MySQL and PHP? In other words,
can MySQL and PHP work together without Apache. Note: The database and the
application are on the same machine for the timebeing.
2. What database API should be used? I recently read about MyODBC. But many
standard books skip this part as if PHP and MySQL have something natural to
talk to eachother without requiring anything like ODBC, etc.

Your answers to these questions are highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Kinfe T.

Este mensaje es exclusivamente para el uso de la persona o entidad a quien esta dirigido; contiene informacion estrictamente confidencial y legalmente protegida, cuya divulgacion es sancionada por la ley. Si el lector de este mensaje no es a quien esta dirigido, ni se trata del empleado o agente responsable de esta informacion, se le notifica por medio del presente, que su reproduccion y distribucion, esta estrictamente prohibida. Si Usted recibio este comunicado por error, favor de notificarlo inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje. Todas las opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias del autor del mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden con las de Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. o alguna de sus empresas controladas, controladoras, afiliadas y subsidiarias. Este mensaje intencionalmente no contiene acentos.

This message is for the sole use of the person or entity to whom it is being sent.  Therefore, it contains strictly confidential and legally protected material whose disclosure is subject to penalty by law.  If the person reading this message is not the one to whom it is being sent and/or is not an employee or the responsible agent for this information, this person is herein notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the materials included in this facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you received this document by mistake please notify  immediately to the subscriber and destroy the message. Any opinions contained in this e-mail are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily coincide with those of Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. or any of its control, controlled, affiliates and subsidiaries companies. No part of this message or attachments may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever.