Tracking Site Version

Hi there,
I'm currently working on my website which is now live, and was wondering how
some of you more experienced web developers record site developments if you
do.
I'm thinking of perhaps creating a page on the site where I record the site
version, and changes made during the update. Just wondering if any of you
had a similar system, or if you had any suggestions for recording site
changes etc..

Many thanks,
Alex.