RE: Future Event

Put it all in a separate page and call that page from another machine where CRON/SCheduled Tasks are allowed....or put a time check in your page and call it like a function whevever users hit your site

bastien

From: Mark Bomgardner <mbomgardner@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Php-Db <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Future Event
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:45:18 -0600

Is there a way in php to execute a SELECT statement in the future? What I am wanting to do is use a page to parse a database at a future time. I want to send out some email about an event I am putting on, but I don't want to execute the select statement until 2:00am. I could use cron for this, but I would perfer not, as I am writing an application in which cron may not be an option. Is there 3rd party engines that will do this?

Mark