Sessions help needed !!!

Hi there everyone,

OK this script worked perfectly on my own apache webserver and I had to move
it to the main live server, but for some reason it's not passing session
values in the same way and i'm positive it's something damn obvious.

On my server I can use:

echo $credits_system;
echo $credits_left;
echo $foldername;

To display the information to make sure it is being passed, but it returns
blank on their server (Same versions of everything except I didn't install
it so it may have something turned off in the config - which i don't have
control over, sigh).  The thing is, the last one - $foldername I MUST have
access to as the database uses this as a reference for searches and without
this working I can't pull the data I need ($foldername is an ID and also
refers to physical folders/directories on the apache webserver for video
files).

Is there some obvious that I can check to see what's going on that I can't
think about right now?

Any help or pointers would be really appreciated.

Chris