Re: slow loading page

Not enough information there to make any sort of diagnosis, but here are some
things to try to narrow down the problem:

1) ssh into the server, and run 'top' to watch the process list. Then while
watching that, hit reload in the browser to see if the HTTP process pegs out
while you're waiting for the page. If it does, for some reason apache/php is
struggling. Otherwise it's likely something else.

2) run 'ngrep' on port 80 of the incoming network interface (eth0, or whatever
it's hooked to), and reload the page again. Are you immediatly seeing the
request come though or does it take a while? This type of thing could be
caused not by the webserver, but instead by a badly configured router, or
something in the network. If it takes a while to come through, you need to
look at your network configuration.

3) Is this a DNS issue? If you're accessing via a domain name, and not a
direct IP type URL, a shoddy DNS connection could make things really take a
long time.

4) If it is an apache issue, turn on extended status, and watch that while you
reload the page, that can give you an idea of what's taking so long.

I'm sure others will have even better troubleshooting ideas, but that's a
start I guess.

-Micah