Creative Commons CA, MX, and UK postal code databases?

Hey all!
I'm working on expanding the functionality of one of my first web apps (it
simply searches by radius from a zip code). Currently I've been using
creative commons databases for the US (released under the Share & Share
Alike license here http://civicspacelabs.org/home/zipcodedb).

I'm having almost no luck finding similar databases for Canada, Mexico, and
the UK. Has anyone else had this trouble? I'm trying to keep my costs down
to a minimum, so purchasing the databases seems like a rather steep
investment just to learn. Any ideas?
-Matty