mysql_pconnect cannot create two permanent connections to the same machine ?

Hi List,

I do not claim that this is bug, but it is not a nice feature either.

I do have following:

<?
/* db.php */
$db_server="127.0.0.1";
$db_user = ******
$db_pass = ******
$db_db = "bebbicell";

$db_account_server="127.0.0.1";
$db_account_user = ********
$db_account_pass = ********
$db_account_db = "asterisk";

//$level= error_reporting ( 0);
$bid=mysql_pconnect($db_server,$db_user,$db_pass);
//error_reporting ( $level);
mysql_select_db($db_db,$bid);

//$level= error_reporting ( 0);
$accid=mysql_pconnect($db_account_server,$db_account_user, $db_account_pass);
//error_reporting ( $level);
mysql_select_db($db_account_db, $accid);
?>

Note that databases here are totally unrelated. They are on the same machine only because i am developing. I want later to move 'asterisk' to a separate machine, but when i do this, i want just change $db*s, not any other code. Because on this, i want
both $bid and $accid to be valid handles.

Currently it is not so. Both

$res = mysql_query($sql,$accid);
$err = mysql_error($accid);

will generate error

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/bebbicell.ch/signup.php

And yes, there are no functions in signup.php.

Aarno