Re: Compiling PHP with IMAP and OpenSSL

I find this might be more related to the php-install list than the DB

but nevertheless I am a kind hearted guy

So, first up I'd say: RTFM

http://www.php.net/imap

Its pretty clear as it states:
--
This extension requires the c-client library to be installed. Grab the latest version from ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/ and compile it
--

Sorry to be rude..

The requirements do clearly state what actions and steps must be taken to ensure this module will work though.

--
It's important that you do not copy the IMAP source files directly into the system include directory as there may be conflicts. Instead, create a new directory inside the system include directory, such as /usr/local/imap-2000b/ (location and name depend on your setup and IMAP version), and inside this new directory create additional directories named lib/ and include/. From the c-client directory from your IMAP source tree, copy all the *.h files into include/ and all the *.c files into lib/. Additionally when you compiled IMAP, a file named c-client.a was created. Also put this in the lib/ directory but rename it as libc-client.a.
--

Again, I am only a young, never been educated, probably never will, 20 year old, electrical apprentice [it brings a good income] who is passionately in love with web development, tech and computers in general, and I managed without ANY help whatsoever to get a Unix openbsd box, up, installed, customised, running non "in the box" network daemons and utilities, building my own source code, not using ports/packs as I wanted very latest gear and now I have http://aries.the-spectrum.org

it runs SCP with ssl and PKS authentication, public chrooted ftp, toying currently with some chrooted apache configuration, mysql5,php5 and apache2, ssl everything ha, bittorrent client mldonkey, a variety of networking utils and scripts for syncing my other machines data, the list goes on.

All I used was free information from the net.

I do corporate/enterprise level database integrated web systems using PHP and mySQL on Apache, and I've never gone to single web development lecture or seminar in my life

I don't want some medal, I just want to show that just putting at least a little bit of effort into a question or a problem before always reaching for the red button would take people a lot further.

I learnt something about university.. You don't go to university to learn all about the topic at hand. You learn HOW to learn about the topic.

You learn how to refer to material, where to look when you want to know something, how to remember sequencing of learning and resources.

You have a handful of great FREE search engines at your disposal.

I just tried the query string: "php imap" in Google.com

guess what the number one result was? www.php.net/imap

You could have "I'm feeling lucky" guessed that query!

Have fun..

---oOo--- Allowing users to execute CGI scripts in any directory should only be considered if: ... a.. You have no users, and nobody ever visits your server. ... Extracted Quote: Security Tips - Apache HTTP Server ---oOo--- ------oOo---------------oOo------ Julien Bonastre [The_RadiX] The-Spectrum Network CEO ABN: 64 235 749 494 julien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.the-spectrum.org ------oOo---------------oOo------ ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Chong" <ashburrn@xxxxxxxxx>