RE: how can I execute bash file by using exec or system

I would suspect that the user (apache as nobody usually) does not have permissions to run the bash script...try looking at the permissions to malign them...

Bastien

From: "Murat Beyhan" <beyhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  how can I execute bash file by using exec or system
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:11:24 +0200

 hello,

 I try to execute bash script file by using following script

 exec('/path/test.sh');

 this test.sh file includes the Global Mapping Tools script and
create map.ps file taht is the epicenter distribution file of the earthquakes.

 I have obtain epicenters.csv file by using PHP-MYSQL relation

 $query = "SELECT Date , Time , Mag , Lat , Lon , Depth INTO OUTFILE
 '$filename'  FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' FROM list WHERE Mag >0";

  than after I try to draw epicenter distribution map by using
 test.sh file.All this can easily run on the console but by using php
 I could not execute test.sh file. I also use

 system('/path/test.sh');

 But also this could not run bash file.
 Are there any people to solve my problem.
 Thanks all.
 Murat

XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx