Displaying bitmap images from an MS SQL db in a php page

I am using an MS SQL db to store records which include an column of type
"image".   I can get the image into the table correctly, and I can get it
out and make a .bmp file out of it, but I would like to pull the bitmap
out of the column and display it directly on a page as an image. I have
been going through the 'Image' section of the documentation on the php
site, but I am not sure what approach to take. Anyone accomplished this,
or something similar?

Thanks,

-Fenn

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify IDX immediately (by return e-mail to either the sender or security@xxxxxxx), destroy all copies of this message along with any attachments and do not disclose, copy and/or distribute the contents.  The views expressed in this message are those of the author and not necessarily those of IDX.  In the absence of a prior written agreement with you authorizing commitments of IDX via e-mail, the above message shall not bind IDX, unless from a duly authorized officer of the company in a context indicating an intention to bind the company.

This e-mail and its attachments are protected by copyright and other laws. (c) IDX Systems Corporation 2005.  All rights reserved.  IDX is a registered trademark of IDX Investment Corporation.