Re: SELECT

I am trying to put together a SELECT syntax.  I am querying a response
database and I only want to obtain each user's name once even if they
have given more than 1 response.

$query="SELECT * FROM  conversation_table WHERE conversation_reference =
$conversation_currently_displayed";

$response_created_by = mysql_result($result,$i,"response_created_by");

My ideal is that if users 1, 2, 4 & 5 are in dialogue with each other
the above SELECT $query will only give the results of their identity
once with the mysql_request() function

SELECT DISTINCT(user_id) FROM conversation_table WHERE conversation_reference = $conversation_currently_displayed

should do it.

-philip