Google Style Search Results

We are developing a website where our intranet users can put in keywords
and search a document database (MySQL). Results returned would appear
similar to a Google search. We have the text stripped from the 750+
articles using pdf2txt and have added a full text index to the db table; a
query using "match" - "against" works extremely well. We'd like to display
a few sentences or sentence fragments from the articles with the key words
in bold, again, Google-like.  I guess "exploding" the text from the db on
an empty space would get each word into an array for processing, but this
seems very tedious.

If anybody has any other ideas about how else to go about this, or has done
something similar, I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

David