Re: Does PHP strip out the seconds from a SQL Server datetime field? SOLVED

Thanks Martin, it's definitely what is coming back from the database (I use Zend Studio to debug and can watch it happening).

Actually it appears there is a default setting for the mssql extension that I was unaware of. I have to set the following in my php.ini to force the extension to keep its mitts off my datetime!

mssql.datetimeconvert = off

...and now I get back the correct datetime as originally stored in the database.

Problem solved!

Norland, Martin wrote:
How are you printing/extracting this information? I find it very
unlikely that it's returning that string - it would eliminate any
localization opportunities as well as time conversion / math operations.

Use print_r() to print the contents returned from SQL Server directly,
if you're using date functions , you're already specifying the format
you want and you just need to add the seconds.

If it really is returning that, then check that you're not using some
helper classes or functions either with the returned value or to build
the SQL query, it's possible there's some sort of "human readable" MSSQL
option being passed in the SQL.

cheers,
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International
Outreach x3257

The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent
those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.