SELECT & html <table>

I have two questions.

I would like to display the contents of my table with the first row
being grey in background and the next row being white and the third row
being grey, fourth being white, etc.  I am not sure how to do this.

Secondly I only want the first 20 records to be displayed at a time and
then I want to create a "NEXT" link for the next 20 records (21-40) ...
any idea how you would use the SELECT command to do this?

Ron