Re: IS_NUMERIC ?

http://php.belnet.be/manual/en/function.is-numeric.php

Apparently there is :)

Dwight Altman wrote:
Hello List,
Is there an IS_NUMERIC(aCandidateString) function in MySQL that I can run in
a query, similar to the various PHP "is_*" functions?  I can't seem to find
it in the docs (other than a C API IS_NUM macro).

I have a field in a database with serial numbers like:
...1234
...1235
...1236-A
...1237B
and I want to get the last 4 characters of the numeric substring like so:
1234
1235
1236
1237

I should be able to do it in 1 SQL query if there is an IS_NUMERIC
equivalent, or else I will probably write a PHP script.

Regards,
Dwight