RE: Mailer issue with PHP and MySQL

try phpmailer

Note, check with your host to ensure they have a proper domain to send the emails from that matches your site...many MTAs now kill mails from localhost or a host that doens't match the orgiinal domain

bastien

From: "Chris Payne" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Mailer issue with PHP and MySQL
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:32:59 -0500

Hi Guys,

I'm using PHP with MySQL data to send a very important email to clients when
they enter the recipients email address into the system.  On the whole it
works for ME, to either my yahoo email address or any of my own domains
email addresses that I have,

However, when my WIFE gets it it isn't HTML (Even though mine is) with
outlook OR outlook express and my boss doesn't get it at ALL even at his
yahoo address, so something is wrong with my script.  Can anyone look at it
please and let me know if anything is blazingly obvious that I've done
wrong?

As I said I can receive emails on any account I personally try, but my boss
cannot and if it doesn't work for him it's basically not working in his eyes
as it could be having the same issue with others.

$MP = "sendmail -t";

$HT = "<html><body>";

$HT = "</body></html>";

$fd = popen($MP,"w");

fputs($fd,"MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n");

fputs($fd,"Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n");

fputs($fd, "To: $word\n");

fputs($fd, "From: $email\n");

fputs($fd, "Subject: $subject\n");

fputs($fd, "X-Mailer: PHP3\n");

fputs($fd, "From: $email\n");

fputs($fd, "Email: $email\n");

fputs($fd, "$messageheader"); // actually this is the message itself

pclose($fd);

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Chris