HTTP Auth help required, please?

Hi,

I am having HUGE problems with the following:

HTTP Auth in the latest version of PHP.

Usernames are saved to a db but even when you enter a correct combination it fails.  So I think it is best to start from scratch and try and get some code from people that are using the latest version of PHP.  I am aware that there was huge problems with release 5.0 regarding this issue but when I put the updated code it it still fails.

So can someone provide me with the code I need.  ????  So i can try and let you know how I go.

What I need is:
- PHP Code to input into my file.php file.  (this code should include an error message if a bad user/pass is entered and a sucessful message, or a redirect url code. User / Password is stored to a db, db_name preferable is "users"
- PHP code should include the connection to the db also, saves me editing it later.

I have already setup a database already with the last code I have.  So if the query needs editing I can do this.  I just need something that works, and basic!  I have been trying to get this to work for ages.

Please provide two login methods, than I can test both.  Maybe it's the method of login that is causing me grief.

- HTTP popup box
- HTTP web-form

I have only tried the popup box method, never been able to get sucessfully logged in.  Not tried the web-form method yet.  If someone could whiz up some code for me or direct me to a url I can try and post back with the error I am getting.

Thanks!

Jerry