RE: Re: My $_SESSION['''] variables are expiring!

The tech support which hosts my web site e-mailed me that the php.ini
file has $_SESSION[''] variables set for 19 minutes.  It is a server
wide variable which they do not want to change their system setting for.

Do any of you know if there is a setting that may be modified for just
my web site?

My other approach is this:  Is there a way through a PHP command that I
myself may clear the $_SESSION[''] variables and then re-instate them
immediately after clearing them so my web site hosting command will not
come into effect until it is truly needed?

The way I have this set up is that index.php keeps on being called with
a syntax such as
index.php?request=function

Therefore I could cancel the $_SESSION[''] variables each time index.php
is accessed and then immediately re-create it ...

There is only one variable I am carrying in there and it is the account
which is logged in.  I could easily put it to another variable such as
$account = $_SESSION['active_account'];
#insert command to close session variable
#now we are going to start a new session
$_SESSION['active_account'] = $account;

Is there any way of doing this?

Ron