RE: Re: Need help with delete and modify functions on a form.

Value 1
><input type="checkbox" name="check[]" value="someValue2">&nbsp;Some
Value 2
><input type="checkbox" name="check[]" value="someValue3">&nbsp;Some
Value 3
></form>
>
>to get the the third value from the form you can do like this :
>
><?php
>echo $_POST["check"][2];
>?>

Good basic examples, two notes though -
1) <form method="post"> (blindingly obvious to most, but might confuse
some)
2) the name/value pair will only be POSTed if it's checked, so that
would only work if the first two were checked.

Some people like to pair all their checkboxes with a hidden of the same
name, the hiddens value will be sent if the checkbox isn't checked.
Personally, I prefer having an actual unique name for the checkbox when
you need to check a specific one.  If you don't need to check if 'the
third one' is set, but you're just getting - for e.g. - a list of pizza
toppings, then the order doesn't matter and [] works fine.  Otherwise
(if it does), give it a unique name:
<input type="checkbox" name="check[0]" value="someValue1">&nbsp;Some
Value 1
<input type="checkbox" name="check[1]" value="someValue2">&nbsp;Some
Value 2
<input type="checkbox" name="check[2]" value="someValue3">&nbsp;Some
Value 3

(although a little more unique would be clearer :) )

cheers,
- Martin Norland, Sys Admin / Database / Web Developer, International
Outreach x3257

The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent
those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.