Re: Re: MySQL Connect using Dreamweaver

Will,

is mysql installed on your local machine or on a different server? Do
you work with root or with a newly created user?
If mysql is not installed on your local machine, you have to grant
access from other machines to your database. Here's an example (with a
newly created user).

Example:
your work machine's IP: 192.168.0.25
your username: will

open a mysql shell (with root/superuser privileges) and type:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'will'@'192.168.0.25' IDENTIFIED BY
'mysecretpassword';

use mysql;

UPDATE user SET password = OLD_PASSWORD('mysecretpassword') WHERE user =
'will' AND host = '192.168.0.25';

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

quit;

if your database runs on the same system as Dreamweaver, replace
192.168.0.25 with localhost and it should (hopefully) work.

regards
Sascha

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 16:35 +0200, W Roothman wrote:
> Dear Sascha, Mathias, Blaz
>
> Thanks, Sacha it worked, the AND localhost='localhost' did it, but my
> new error now is
>
> 'localhost not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'
>
> grrrr...
>
> R's,
>
> Will

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s)
named above. If you receive this communication in error, you should
notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone (+44) 191 224 4461, delete
it and destroy any copies of it.

This communication may contain confidential information and material
protected by copyright, design right or other intellectual property
rights which are and shall remain the property of Piranha Studios
Limited. Any form of distribution, copying or other unauthorised use
of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.
Piranha Studios Limited asserts its rights in this communication and
the information in it and reserves the right to take action against
anyone who misuses it or the information in it.

Piranha Studios Limited cannot accept any liability sustained as a
result of software viruses and would recommend that you carry out your
own virus checks before opening any attachment.

<<<<GWAVAsig>>>>
AdmID:5AA139178E47E004D7D6F2507D379407