Escaping Characters help needed

Hi there everyone,

Can any of you see why the below will not insert into my database?

Hann Heritage Homes' Fall Circuit entry. Fabulous ranch floorplan w/walkout
basement. Stunning great room w/FP, dramatic dining room, den, screened
porch. Mullett kitchen with glazed birch cabinets and granite. Luxury master
BR and bath. The finest materials and workmanship throughout. Interiors by
Pine Tree Barn. Compare and you'll choose to build with Hann Heritage Homes!

I'm using PHP with MySQL and I store the data in $marketremarks but when it
gets to THIS FIELD with this particular data in it, it just won't insert.  I
use the below to escape the characters, but I'm missing something or doing
something wrong?

addslashes(trim($marketremarks));

Any help would REALLY be appreciated.

Thanks everyone,