RE: retrieve text from pdf

Hello Yui,

We use an executable called pdftotext.exe to extract text from pdf's.

You can find it here: -> http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html

Although we use it from the command line, I'd guess that it can be used
satisfactorily with exec() within a PHP script, also.

David

"Bastien Koert" <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/07/2005 08:30 AM

To:
yui@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

RE:  retrieve text from pdf

Are you looking for the text of the document or the data from forms
embedded
in the PDF?

For the latter you can use the FDFToolkit from adobe.

Bastien