Help with

Hi

I'm new to PHP/MySQL and wondered if anyone on this list would be kind
enough to help me solve
this problem. I'm trying to automatically set up a users privileges on a
MySQL table using the
username and password selected by them in an html form. I get the error
message:

"Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link
resource"

for the code below:

<?php

$username=$_POST['username'];
$password=$_POST['password'];

@ $db = new mysqli('localhost', 'root', 'password', 'database_table');

if (mysqli_connect_errno())
{
	echo 'Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later.';
	exit;
}

$grant_privilege = "grant select, insert, delete, update on name_of_table to
$username identified by '$password'";
mysql_query($grant_privilege, $db);

$db->close();

?>